The Egyptian Religious belief:
- Creation Myth
- The Egyptians created myths to try to explain their place in the cosmos
- Ancient Gods
- The Pantheon consisted of More than 2000 gods. Most had only a local cult center
- Preservation of body was paramount, for without it the soul would be lost forever the soul.
- Egyptians believed that the human soul was composed of two parts the Ba and the Ka Afterlife
- Tombs were often visited by the family with new offerings.
- Magic And Symbols
- A integral part of the religion, spells were mainly used for protection purposes
Ancient Vodoo Egyptian doll:
Magical Figurine, Egyptian, 3rd-4th century AD, terracotta. Musée du Louvre, Paris
In Roman-occupied Egypt, this figure was used to produce magic. By placing the object in a tomb, the spell would allow a young man to indicate with needles the places on the female body that he wanted to pleasure.